Words are a more changeable entity than symbols, because have more attributes. They have:
- specific case of their letters, depending both on the words themselves or on a task one would want to accomplish with them
- special characters with which these words sometimes need to be distinguished
- position in the cell – from the most popular – first or last
- specific text value depending on which they might be differently characterized. For example, contain numbers or diacritic characters, dashes etc.
- after all, they can be treated as a whole
!SEMTools covers the basic tasks of modifying these attributes. What changes are we talking about? Well, it can do all type of change – add text, replace text inside, change their order, change case, split them or replace full words.
- Change the case of words – a given list, toponyms or all words in cells
- Change the position of words – move words to the beginning or end of cells
The add-in menu is constantly updated with new useful features. Ideas for new features come from the author’s own experience !SEMTools come from users of the add-in. Therefore, if you need to change any other features of words in a special way, please contact author.
See sections on changing other entities in Excel:
As well as other operations with words: